Stations of the Cross Ecumenical Service,
12:00 Noon, Good Friday, April 18, 2014
Please join us at the JESUS WEPT STATUE across from the Oklahoma City National Memorial ( 620 North Harvey) on Good Friday for the annual ”Stations of the Cross” Service.
The Rev. Dr. Thomas Jewell, former Regional Pastor of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma, will again be leading the ecumenical service which is a guided devotional through scriptures that narrate Christ’s crucifixion. This special time with prayer and reflection is part of Holy Week which ends on Easter Sunday, the Christian celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.
This event is sponsored in part by the Oklahoma Conference of Churches.
Exciting Upcoming Events!
1. Equipping in Unity: OCC Benefit Breakfast
2. Enlightening for Unity: OCC Art Auction with Wine & Cheese
3. Empowering through Unity: OCC Annual Dinner
See “UPCOMING OCC EVENTS” page for details and mark your calendars now!
The Oklahoma Conference of Churches connects, motivates, and empowers the witness of Christian communities and individuals throughout Oklahoma on issues of faith and social justice.
Called together and empowered by the Holy Spirit as the Oklahoma Conference of Churches, we make visible the
LOVE, JUSTICE, and HOPE
of Jesus Christ to one another and to God’s world.
LOVE, JUSTICE, and HOPE happen when:
- Local church people plan and work together to meet the needs and possibilities of their town.
- People learn ways to be change-agents in society that are informed by their faith.
- Social issues such as the death penalty are boldly addressed by ministers and laity of the churches.
- Those from very different backgrounds and traditions take the time to meet and talk to each other.
WORKING TOGETHER: LOVE, JUSTICE, and HOPE
The Oklahoma Conference of Churches . . .
- …initiates cooperation among the participating bodies and between them and other institutions and groups for collaboration.
- …enables local congregation cooperation and mission in communities throughout the state.
- …provides opportunities for Oklahoma Christians to give witness to Christian Unity through worship, study, and activities.
- …shares programs of education and action that enrich the lives of the elderly, children, youth, families, the poor, rural communities and those in the criminal justice system.
- …brings people from many religious groups together to learn about each other through conversation and action.